*6 pages will do for this paper, not including the title and reference pages. PLEASE FOLLOW THE OUTLINE AND RUBRIC, THANK YOU.
The HSO you work for has been tasked with addressing a pressing problem in the community being served. Please write a 6–8 page paper describing an agency-based intervention that addresses a problem you have identified in your community assessment paper. In your paper, please describe the intervention, including the target population, the outcomes the intervention is to achieve, and key activities and/or services of the intervention. Describe your plan for community assessment and engagement. Please use a specific intervention model and describe how it influences your choices in intervention. As an agency-based planning project, you also need to identify and thoroughly describe a human service agency that would be a good home for the intervention. If it is not the HSO you work for, what agency would be appropriate to partner with? Additionally, use the videos from sessions 4 through 9 to inform your thinking when composing your community assessment. You are not required to formally cite the videos, yet it should be apparent that you have used the information present in the videos to guide you in completing this assignment.
In addition, you will be asked to present your final project to the class during sessions 13 and 14. Your paper must be written in APA format with accurate and thorough citations. Students will give a 5–10 minute, presentation of their proposed intervention.
You have a $100,000 budget to develop an intervention to address an unmet need/problem you identified for a target population within your community. The $100,000 budget should be used to help you conceptualize and scale how the interventions will be used to assist the clients. Please write a 6-8 page properly formatted paper using APA (6th edition) describing an agency-based intervention that you will implement. In this paper, please describe the community-based outcomes of the intervention. The $100,000 budget should be used to help you conceptualize and scale how the interventions will be used to assist the clients.
Suggested Paper Outline
1. Summarize your community in one paragraph. Refer back to your community assessment paper and include a concise summarization of the following:
- description of the neighborhood with important demographic information
- strengths and assets of the community
- identify one problem/opportunity from the community that you will address with your agency-based intervention
- Provide some deeper information about the scope of the problem/issue/concern. Who does the problem affect? How many people (statistics) does the problem affect? Are people disproportionally impacted by this problem? Who? What are some of the root causes and potential consequences of this problem?
2. Describe, in detail, the agency-based intervention (specific intervention model), activity or service that you have developed to address this problem
- Describe what the intervention is, how long it will last, who will receive the intervention, who will provide the intervention, and any other important details.
- This intervention/activity/service should utilize some of the community assets identified in the community assessment.
3. Describe, in detail, the outcomes this intervention/activity/service will achieve.
4. Critically review, summarize and cite the research literature that supports this type of intervention for the outcomes you hope to achieve.
- Describe the community agency that will be the most appropriate home for this intervention.
- What is the function of the agency? Who does the agency serve? Why is this agency a good choice for this intervention?
7140 – 14 – Agency-Based Intervention
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGrammar, punctuation, sentence structure, appropriate use of APA, following of directions (10 references, 6 page minimum)||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDescription/Demographics of neighborhood||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStrengths/Assets of community||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeProblem, issue, concern to be addressed in intervention||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDetailed description of intervention||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntervention Outcomes||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCritical Review of Literature||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAppropriateness of Agency||
|Total Points: 275.0|