There are two parts to the worksheet.
Format your citations and references (you must have both) consistent with APA guidelines. Using your textbooks as your sources will be sufficient for this assignment. Do not copy and paste information from the textbooks. That is plagiarism. You are required to explain the material in your own words to show that you understand it.
Part I – Answer the following questions in 2-3 sentences each:
1. Define crime, criminality, and criminal justice
2. What is the difference between deviance and criminality?
3. Define deterrence theory.
4. Define the Age of Enlightenment.
5. Briefly describe the Classical School of Criminology.
6. Identify the three characteristics of punishment.
7. Briefly describe the Neoclassical School of Criminology.
8. List and define four theories of victimization.
9. Define the “Stand Your Ground” law.
Part II – Write a 300- to 500-word opinion addressing the following:
Consider what you have learned about the schools of thought and theories. Based on the information above, in your opinion, which is the best way to mitigate crime, using the justice system or social control?