CASE STUDY ABOUT HYPERTENSION…__________________________________________________________________________________________Dear Class, on Tuesday, we discussed doing a CS for e
CASE STUDY ABOUT HYPERTENSION…
Dear Class, on Tuesday, we discussed doing a CS for extra points. It would be great for everyone to do a different topic, so I have listed them along with some other things it would be good to know concerning the disease. Please review the choices below and pick one that you would like to discuss. There will be 14 choices to pick from so you cannot choose the same topic as another person.
I am looking for:
- Your chosen disease/condition
- Population most affected (ex: Older Adults, Middle Adults, Young Adults, Teenagers, Child, Infants)
- Age related milestone for your chosen population
- Socio-Demographic/Risk factors for getting the disease/condition
- Impact on QOL
- Current/new/recent research/EBP that will benefit/support this patient with the specific disease (If there are none please state so)
- Recommendation for treatment or Gold standards for treatment if any (can be tied into the current research as above) (If there are no gold standards then please state so, but there should be some recommendations)
- Please tell what/how you (speak in the first person) as the FNP caring for this patient with this specific disease can make a difference in his/her care and incorporate patient care/self-help teaching that can help him/her minimize disease symptoms.
- Red flags for this condition (what specific S/S require urgent/ER care) or when should you refer patient to specialist.
Again, please follow the directions of what I am looking for and keep it to the point, as simple/concise as possible.
Points will be taken of for incorrect grammar and incorrect APA format/citations.