Leadership Principles of Health
Ethical and Leadership Principles of Health and Wellness Management
Graduate level writing
11 pages or more
12 to 14 references
Using the SWOT Analysis completed in this lesson, you will create an action plan describing how you will succeed in your chosen career path.
My career path is just to be a head personal trainer at a gym
Developing Your Personal Leadership Plan
Once you have identified your personal leadership vision, the next step is to develop your personal leadership plan. Begin by identifying your leadership goals. This will assist you in identifying what motivates you professionally and what you want to accomplish.
1. Your personal leadership plan should answer two basic questions:
2. What type of role do I want to serve within the field five years from now?
3. What are the steps I need to take to reach this goal?
Once you have answered these questions, you can confer with your supervisor or mentor and begin developing your leadership plan. Note that an effective plan should:
1. Address the leadership skills you identified as needing improvement (SWOT).
2. Specify strategies for meeting your leadership development and career path objectives. (Specific tasks: what will be done and by whom.)
3. Determine any additional training/continuing education needed to meet your goals. (Resource allocation: what specific funds are available for specific activities.)
4. Include a timeline for completion (Time horizon: when will it be done.)
1. Include an introduction that briefly describes what you are going to accomplish (avoiding first person) in your paper and provide a general view of your Action plan.
2. Include a visual of your SWOT (chart form) Analysis
3. Below your chart, describe each section of your SWOT Analysis
4. Below this, explain your action plan