OUTCOMES OF PATIENT EMPOWERMENT
M4 A7 DB: OUTCOMES OF PATIENT EMPOWERMENT
READINGS: Burkhardt & Nathaniel (2013): Ch 18, 19, 20;
Journal Articles: Paget et al (2011) & Gluyas (2015). – attached
For this discussion, you will answer the following questions:
- What factors should be considered when dealing with decisions where the nurse and patient hold differing values?
- Give one example of a situation where patient empowerment might pose an ethical dilemma for you.
- If you feel a patient is making an unwise decision, how would you respond?
- Should there be limits on patient empowerment?
Minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
Friday, November 29, 2019 by 7:30 am
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)