Assignment 2: RA 1
Thanks to new medications and surgical techniques, people are living longer and healthier lives. However, the body we had at 55 will be a very different body than the one we have at 75. Many issues, both genetic and environmental, affect how we age, as well as our quality of life as we enter our elder years. The most widespread condition affecting those 65 and older is coronary heart disease, followed by stroke, cancer, pneumonia, and the flu. Accidents, especially falls that result in hip fractures, are also unfortunately common in the elderly (Levy, 2015). The elderly are also at risk for financial and legal problems as well as elder abuse.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of a pertinent topic related to aging.
- Define the problem, specific population affected, cultural implications, and financial/legal/ethical implications.
- What interventions can be used to address the problem? Provide 2 to 3.
- What resources are available?
- What are the associated costs? Is this idea sustainable?
Submit your analysis in a 4-6 page Microsoft Word document. Support your responses with examples. References must be within 5 years.
- By the due date assigned, post your response to the Submissions Area. Support your findings with examples and scholarly references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
Levy, S. (2015). The most common issues of aging. Retrieved from https://www.agingcare.com/Articles/common-issues-o…
|Assignment Components||Maximum Points|
|Identified and defined the problem related to your aging topic.||40|
|Identified and described the specific population affected.||16|
|Identified and described the cultural implications for the identified population.||16|
|Identified and described the financial/legal/ethical implications for the identified population related to the problem.||16|
|Identified and described 2–3 interventions that can be used to improve the problem for the specific population.||16|
|Identified and described the resources that are available in order to improve the problem for the specific population.||16|
|Identified and described the associated costs related to the interventions for the identified problem.||16|
|Identified and described the sustainability of the interventions for the identified problem.||16|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. APA format was used.||48|